Course program, 6 October 2017
6 October 2017
- 8.00 - 9.00 Registration. Coffee/Tea
- 9.00 - 9.10 Opening and welcome
- I session. Neuroinformatics methods in neuroscience and medicine.
- 9.10 - 10.00 Dr. R. Naginiene, Neuroscience Institute, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania
Translational neuroscience and neuroscience in Lithuania
- 10.00 - 11.00 Prof. M.-L.Linne, Tampere University of Technology, Finland; The Human Brain Project
Advancing future neuroscience and medicine through neuroinformatics methods: the Human Brain Project
- 11.00 - 11.30 Coffee/Tea
- 11.30 - 13.00 Prof. B. Graham, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Stirling, UK
From neurons and synapses to networks: Basics of computational/ theoretical modelling of the brain
- 13.00 - 14.00 Lunch. Coffee/Tea
- II session. Computer exercises. Modeling the healthy brain
- 14.00 - 15.00 Dr. A.Roth, Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London, UK
Introduction to NEURON simulator.
- 15.00 - 17.00 Prof. B. Graham, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Stirling, UK
Prof. A. Saudargiene, Neuroscience Institute, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania; Department of Informatics, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
Simulating synapses, neurons and networks in health.
- 17.00 - 18.00 Coffee/Tea. Poster session and networking